How to find the length between two points on a plane
The first point will be referenced using x1 and y1, while the second point will be referenced using x2 and y2.
- First, find the individual distances between the two x coordinates and the two y coordinates.
- Then, execute the Pythagorean Theorem, substuting a and b with the two distance values.
- Start by finding the squares of each of these values.
- After that, add both squares together.
- Finally, calculate the square root of the sum.
Back to Assignments.